I was diagnosed with Psoriasis nearly 3 years ago. The hardest part, for me, was coping with the depression that came along with it.
Over time, I picked up some methods and habits to lift me up emotionally.
- I talk to myself in silly voices. (Don’t judge me!) But for some reason, it helps!
- Speaking of talking to yourself, why not sing to yourself as well!? I try and play music that makes me jump around the house or just makes me happy… often.
- Exercise. Exercise is proven to release happy chemicals into your brain. AND you’ll look great too!
- List your accomplishments. Every so often I make a list of my accomplishments, whether they are big or small, and feel good about myself. Yea, my skin is a mess.. but look at everything I’ve done despite it!
- Laugh. Charlie Chaplin once said, “To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain and play with it.” Try to laugh. Throw on some comedy, spend time with people you love… do what makes you happy.
- Meditation has helped me so much. Calming my mind calms my body which relieves stress and therefor helps me manage my psoriasis. PLUS, it’s a great habit to make.
- Phone a friend! Sometimes it just helped to get on the phone with someone who understands, to a degree, what you are going through. That’s what friends are for.
- Write down motivational quotes. This is a huge habit of mine. And a healthy one, I think. Pop onto pinterest and look up some “motivational” or “inspirational” quotes. I put mine on Stickies and read them whenever I can .
- Treat yourself every day. It doesn’t matter what it is; flowers, a cup of coffee, lunch, etc. Treating yourself helps to show that you love yourself. And you should!!
While these are great starters, I’m should theres so much advice out there and so many people who have their own little practices.
TELL ME ABOUT THEM BELOW!! I would love to share them.
Remember to Keep Calm and Spot On ya’ll!